NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
NCB Campus - Pics NCB Campus - VideoRead More
NCB CRMs of Coal NCB has developed two new CRMs ofRead More
NCB Proficiency Testing SchemeRead More
CCE Training Brochure NCB Training Calendar 2018-19 NCB Overseas Training Brochure Forthcoming TrainingRead More
Centre for Quality Management, Standards & Calibration Services (CQC)Download PDF
- Standard Reference Materials (SRMs)
- Calibration Services (CLS)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Inter Laboratory Services (ILC)
Select list of important projects completed
- Two day training workshop on laboratory management and internal audit as per ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for a thermal power plant.
- Four day training workshop on laboratory management system and internal audit as per ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for a cement plant.
- 7-day workshop on statistical quality control (SQC) for 7 plants each of two corporate groups.
- Assistance in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation of quality control laboratory of 9 cement plants.
- Assistance in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation of coal testing laboratory of 2 thermal power plants.
- Assessment of quality assurance system and quality control laboratory of 3 cement plants.
- Assessment of quality assurance system and quality control laboratory of grinding units of 3 cement plants.
- Laboratory assessment and proficiency improvement study for 38 cement plants & 2 thermal power plants.
Development of plant specific limestone/raw meal/clinker/cement standards for calibration of x-ray analyzer for 9 cement plants.
- Proficiency Testing of Laboratories
- Standard Reference Materials
- Binani Cement Ltd., Binanigram
- Wonder Cement Ltd., R K Nagar, Chittorgrah (Rajasthan)
- Jaypee Cement Ltd., Sewagram
- My Home Industries Ltd., Nalgonda Cement Plant and Vizag Grinding Unit
- Toshali Cements Pvt. Ltd., Ampavalli Plan and Bayyavaram Grinding Unit
- North Gujarat Research Division, (NGRD) – GERI, Ghandinagar, Gujarat
- Manikgarh Cement, Gadchandur, Chandrapur
- Sardar Sarovar Narmad Nigam Ltd, Surender Nagar
- NTPC Ltd, Uri-II, Barammllaha (J&K)
- South Gujarat Research Division, (GERI), Surat
- UltraTech cement Ltd. Plants and grinding units
- Holcim Cement
- Gujarat Ambuja Cement Ltd.Plants and Grinding Units
- Ultratech Cement Ltd., Panipat Cement Works & Vikram Cement Works
- JK Cement Ltd., Nimbahera
- NTPC, Korba
- Punjab Thermal Power Plant, Talwandi
- Central Road Research Institute (CRRI), New Delhi
- Biltech Building Elements Ltd., Palwal
- Bhilai Jaypee Cement Ltd., Babupur and Bhilai
- Orient Cement, Jalgaon.
- Central Material Testing Lab, THDC, Tehri Gharwal
- Ultratech Cement Ltd, Chittorgarh (Rajasthan)
- Meja Urja Nigam Ltd, NTPC Meja, Allahabad (U.P)
- Haryana Irrigation Research & Management Institute (HIRMI), Kurukshetra, Haryana
- NTPC Netra, Greater Noida (U.P)
- Panipat Thermal Power Plant, Panipat, Haryana
- Guru Gobind Singh Super Thermal Plant (GGSSTP), Rupanagar (Punjab)
- Guru Nanak Dev Thermal Plant, Bathinda, Punjab
- Guru Hargovind Thermal Plant, Lehra Mohabat, Bathinda, (Punjab)
- Talwandi Sabo Power Ltd (TSPL), Mansa (Punjab)
- Central Research Laboratory, MPPWD, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant, Khedar (Hisar)
- NTPC Ltd, Rihand Super Thermal Power Station, Sonebhadra (U.P)
- Deen Bandhu Chotu Ram Thermal Power Project, Yamumanagar, Haryana
- Badarpur Thermal Power Station, NTPC-Badarpur, New Delhi
- Coal India Limited
- All Cement Plants & Thermal Power Plants for CRMs
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited testing laboratories for CRMs & Proficiency Testing
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited testing laboratories for CRMs & proficiency testing.
Activities and Services
- Calibration services
- Development and supply of certified reference materials (CRMs) – 68 types of CRMs developed
- Laboratory assessment and proficiency improvement services – 42 studies completed
- Setting up laboratories and laboratory upgradation
- Assistance in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation
- Proficiency testing for cement and construction material testing laboratories – 35 schemes completed
- Organizing corporate group specific proficiency testing schemes
- Implementing statistical quality control (SQC)/statistical process control (SPC)
- Total quality management
- Evaluation of laboratory equipment
- National quality Award scheme for cement industry
- Benchmarking for improvement in products and processes and continual improvement.
PROFICIENCY TESTING SCHEMES BY NCB
NCB has launched new PT schemes on steel bar. Patrons are requested to mail their consent for participation by mailing consent from (Form 1) attached with protocol of PT scheme.
The last date of registration in ongoing PT schemes is as given below:
THE LAST DATE OF PT REGISTRATION IS 20/10/2018 FOR ALL THE PT SCHEMES.
- NCB PROFICIENCY TESTING SCHEME ON LIMESTONE (CHEMICAL PARAMETERS): ILS/PT/45 — Protocol & Form
- NCB PROFICIENCY TESTING SCHEME ON OPC (CHEMICAL PARAMETERS): ILS/PT/46 — Protocol & Form
- NCB PROFICIENCY TESTING SCHEME ON BURNT CLAY BUILDING BRICK (MECHANICAL PARAMETERS): ILS/PT/47 — Protocol & Form
- Proficiency Testing (PT) Calendar (January 2018 - June 2020)