NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
- Consultancy services for getting NABL Accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- 17th NCB International Conference in 1st/2nd week of December 2022 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi
- आज़ादी के अमृत महोत्सव पर हिन्दी की पत्रिकाए
- Result - PG Diploma in Cement Technology 2021-22 (2nd List)
- Result Declaration - PG Diploma in Cement Technology (2021-22)
- Admission Notice - PG Diploma in Cement Technology 2021-22
- Appointment of Chairman and Vice Chairman - NCB
- Read More
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Dr Bibekananda Mohapatra
- Dr B N Mohapatra is the Director General of National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM).He is a Ph.D in Cement Mineral Chemistry, enriched with 10 years of Research and over 22 years of industry experience with very strong academic relations with Premier Institutes
- Previously, Dr Mohapatra served as Vice President & Corporate Quality Head of Ambuja Cement Limited under the banner of LafargeHolcim and held several key positions in Vikram Cement Works (UltraTech Cement Ltd) under Aditya Birla Group, OCL India Ltd under Dalmia Group and at Research Institute - Dalmia Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research (DISIR)
- He has cross functional experience in development of low carbon cements and clinker, mineralogy & microstructure of cement and concrete, product development & diversification, advanced comminution techniques, energy & environment improvement and Total Quality Management. He made pioneering contribution in use of alternate fuel by utilizing hazardous wastes and all kind of agricultural wastes.
- Dr Mohapatra has published more than 120 technical papers in various National and International Journals/proceedings. He has also authored a Book on “Application of X-Ray Diffractometry in Cement Quality Control System”. Presently, he is guiding 4 NCCBM officials for their PhD.
- He is the chairman of Cement Sectoral Committee of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). He is also the member of various technical committees of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), member of Research Committee of CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and member of Research Advisory Committee of DISIR & AKS University
- Dr B Mohapatra has brought a cultural change in NCCBM with implementation of Change Management System by applying Total Quality Management. He has focused on research projects which will result in increasing the sustainability and resource conservation for the benefit of cement industry, government and society at large.
- Chairman of Cement sectoral committee of BEE
- Successfully completed International assignments in Germany, Malaysia, Japan, Oman etc.
- Achieved various reputed awards as a team leader like Rajiv Gandhi award for Quality-2010 (Best of All), Rajiv Gandhi award for Environment-2011, CII Best Environment Award-2012, CII Best Energy Award-2012, Indian Manufacturing Excellent Award-2012, “14th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2013” by CII, Hyderabad, “Best Environmental Excellence in Plant Operation 2012 -13”by NCCBM, New Delhi “IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14” by Indian Merchant Chamber.
- He Chaired the Technical Session on Supplementary Cementitious Materials (SCMs) during 15th ICCC -2019 at Prague
- Guiding 4 NCB officials for their PhD