NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
NCB CRMs of Coal NCB has developed two new CRMs ofRead More
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Welcome to National Council for Cement and Building Materials
National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCB), then Cement Research Institute of India (CRI) was founded on 24th December 1962 with the objective to promote research and scientific work connected with cement and building materials trade and industry.
Today, NCB is the premier body under the administrative control of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India, for technology development, transfer, continuing education and industrial services for cement and construction industries. Geographically, NCB has its corporate centre and main laboratories located at Ballabgarh (near New Delhi); another well established regional centre at Hyderabad and a Centre at Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
NCB’s areas of work span over the entire spectrum of cement manufacturing and usage – starting with geological exploration of raw materials through the processes, the machinery, the manufacturing aspects, energy and environmental considerations to the final utilization of materials in actual construction, condition monitoring & rehabilitation of buildings and structures.
NCB serves as the nodal agency for providing the Government the necessary support for formulation of its policy and planning activities related to growth and development of cement industry. It is devoted to protect the interests of consumers of cement and concrete in the country. NCB’s stakeholders are Government, Industry and Society, who perceive NCB’s role as discharging national responsibility, providing adequate technology support and improving the quality of life respectively.
Our role can be best summarised in our vision and mission statements.
Be a preferred technology partner to cement and construction sectors in the sustainable development of a better infrastructure and housing
Research and development of innovative technologies, their transfer and implementation in partnership with cement and construction industries
- To enhance quality, productivity and cost-effectiveness
- To improve the management of materials, energy and environmental resources.
- To develop competency and productivity in human resources.
- To develop technologies for durable infrastructure and affordable housing
We commit ourselves to:
- Pursue global standards of excellence in all our endeavours, covering: Research, Design and Development, Technology Transfer, Continuing Education, Calibration and Testing Services in the areas of Cement, Construction and Building Materials
- Satisfy all our stakeholders - Government, Industry and Society
- Continually improve the Quality Management System
- Comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015[E] Quality Management System and other applicable requirements
Copy of Quality Policy
Management of NCB is entrusted to a Board of Governors, which consists of representatives of cement manufacturers, government of India and consumers of cement.
Planning the Research
Identification of research projects in NCB is carried out through the process of technology forecasting, references from industries and the government, seminars etc. The project programme is finalized after direct consultation with industry and deliberations in the Research Advisory Committee (RAC). The projects are executed by non-hierarchical multi-disciplinary teams. Besides Programmed Projects, NCB also undertakes Sponsored Projects, at the specific request of an organization, on cost-basis.