NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
List of Promoted Officials for the Year 2021
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/Skill Test & Personal Discussion on 15th March 2023 for posts on contract basis against Advt. No.C/01/2023(01)
NCCBM requires Deputy Manager, Manager, Group Manager, General Manager and Office Assistant on Direct Recruitment Basis Advt. No.R/01/2023(01)
List of Selected Candidates for the Post of Laboratory Assistant & Project Scientist at NCB-B on Contract Basis
Cancellation of Advt No: 2016(01)(R)
* 17th NCB Intl. Conf. - Technical Sessions - YouTube Channel (NCCBM Conference)
List of Selected Candidates for written Test & Personal Discussion for the Post of Office Management Executive, PT Assistant, CRM/BND-Technical Assistant, Laboratory Assistant and Project Scientist at NCB-B on Contract Basis
- Consultancy services for getting NABL Accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017
NCB – CCE EVENTS / Forthcoming Training ProgrammesRead More
Ongoing Proficiency Testing Schemes
ONLINE Payment Facility
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Process and Productivity (PRP)
The Process and Productivity (PRP) Programme of Centre for Mining, Environment, Plant Engineering and Operation (CME) caters to the needs of Cement industry in the area of Diagnostic Studies and Process Optimization Studies for kilns, mills and separators, Rational Utilization of Alternate Fuels & Improvement in Fuel Combustion Efficiency.
Core Activities of PRP:
CME-PRP programme has been rendering services in areas like:
- Long-term Productivity Enhancement Studies
- Diagnostic Studies : High PH Exit Gas Temperature, Kiln Shell Corrosion, Unstable Combustion/Burning of Fuel, Coating Formation/Build-up in Kiln System, Lump Formation in Cement Silos, Buckling of chimney
- Process Optimization Studies for Kiln-PH-Calciner & Cooler system, Mills and Separators.
- Determination of pre-blending and blending efficiency.
- Rational Utilization of Alternate Fuels including Hazardous Wastes
- Improvement in Fuel Combustion Efficiency
More Information on PRP Centre are:
Highlights of Process & Productivity Programme
The above core activities of PRP Centre are highlighted below in the area of Process Optimization and Productivity Enhancement are:
- Trouble-shooting in cement plants covering areas such as preheater build-up / coating, ring formation, Unstable burning in kiln, lower degree of calcination, higher temperature / pressure in preheater etc.
- Diagnostic studies for plant’s specific process problems viz kiln shell corrosion, lump formation in cement silos, fan build-ups and wear, buckling of chimney.
- Productivity Enhancement Programme (PEP) covering entire spectrum of cement manufacture.
- Technical evaluation of cement plants to establish output capacity of core equipment including scope of further upgradation and capacity balancing.
- Improving blending effect in pre-blending stock piles and blending silos.
- Feasibility study for increasing Thermal Substitution Rate (TSR) in cement plant with utilization of non-fossil alternate fuels.
- Utilization of alternate fuels in cement manufacture.
- Optimization studies of grinding mills covering ball mills, vertical roller mills and roller presses including performance assessment of separators and measures for improvement in output capacities and particle size distribution.
- Optimization of operations and improvement in the performance of kiln preheater and cooler system.
- Assessment of fan performance including its efficiency.
- Gas and air balancing in kiln-preheater-cooler and mills including leakage-survey.
- Services for validation of thermal energy being utilized in clinkerisation process in Kcal/kg clinker.
- Establishing guide norms / benchmarking for performance monitoring
- Comprehensive process Audit
Number of Sponsored Projects Completed
Title of Project
|Process optimization of kilns||
|Process optimization of mills||
|Heat balance study||
|Utilization of alternate fuels in cement kiln||
|Improving productivity of cement plants under long term ‘PEP’ scheme||
|Diagnostic studies on plant specific problems|
|Technical audit – process aspects||
|Feasibility study for conversion to petcoke or Gas||
|Estimation of WHR potential||
|Feasibility study and productivity enhancement of lime kiln||
|Optimization of quality of raw-materials and cement through process aspects||
|Vertical Shaft Kiln||
Technical Papers Published
- 2nd CMA Intl. Conference on AFR, New Delhi, 2015 “Concept to commissioning of alternate fuels in cement industry”
- Productivity Improvement and its Relevance in Indian Cement Industry- Case Studies; 13th NCB International Seminar
- Thermal Energy Audit – A Diagnostic Tool to Achieve PAT Targets in Indian Cement Industry; 13th NCB International Seminar
- Diagnostic Studies for Cement Mill Optimization – A Case Study; 13th NCB International Seminar
- Use of Spent Wash from Distillery in Cement Kilns through Co-processing Route; 12th NCB International Seminar
- Buckling of Chimney – A Diagnostic Investigation;, 11th NCB International Seminar
- Energy saving and abatement of Greenhouse gas emission through Energy Audit Studies- Case studies ; 10th NCB International seminar November 2007
- Cost reduction through energy efficiency improvements in cement plants – NCB Approach, 9th NCB International Seminar, November 2005, New Delhi
- Cost reduction through energy excellence in cement plants – NCB’s Initiatives, International Seminar & Exhibition, January 2005, Mumbai
- Best practices for energy conservation in Indian cement industry,9th NCB International Seminar, November 2005, New Delhi
- Diagnostic studies for build-up/ lump formation in silo ,8th NCB International seminar 2003, November ,New Delhi
- Design Modifications can Reduce Preheater Problems – NCB’s Experience; 8th NCB International Seminar
- Potentials and prospects for utilization of high sulphur lignite through desulphurisation – 6th NCB International Seminar, November 1998, New Delhi
- Use of alternate fuels for cement industry -An outlook for the future, 5th NCB International Seminar, Nov. 1996, New Delhi.
- Cost economics of using combustible wastes as a fuel in Indian cement industry – 4th International Seminar, December 1994, New Delhi.
- Utilization of lignite in cement industry – problems & prospects 3rd NCB Seminar, Jan 1991
- Energy conservation for cost reduction in Indian Cement Industry – NCB’s Initiatives, 3rd NCB Seminar, Jan 1991
- Potential for utilizing natural gas with high ash coals, 2nd NCB Seminar, Feb 1989
- Efficient use of high ash coals – NCB approach 1st NCB Seminar, Jan 1987