NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
- 17th NCB International Conference - Programme Schedule
- National Awards for Indian Cement Industry-Last date for receiving applications, extended till 30th September 2022
- Extension of last date for submitting the Technical Papers till 30th September 2022
- Consultancy services for getting NABL Accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- 17th NCB International Conference, 06-09 December 2022 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi
- आज़ादी के अमृत महोत्सव पर हिन्दी की पत्रिकाए
- Read More
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Investigations on kiln shell corrosion
Corrosion of kiln shell is influenced by a number of factors such as composition of the metallic shell and its environment, temperature of the shell, cleanliness and roughness of the shell surface and its contact with other materials, oxidizing/reducing conditions, improper combustion of coal, etc. The corrosion phenomenon takes place mainly due to the presence of sulphates and chlorides of alkalis and calcium at high temperature in the cement kiln. The role of refractories in cement kiln is primarily to protect the steel shell from the direct attack of deleterious gases and clinker melt and to reduce the shell temperature so that steel of the shell does not loose its properties. The reduction in shell temperature also leads to energy conservation besides providing workable conditions near kiln shell.