NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
List of Promoted Officials for the Year 2021
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/Skill Test & Personal Discussion on 15th March 2023 for posts on contract basis against Advt. No.C/01/2023(01)
NCCBM requires Deputy Manager, Manager, Group Manager, General Manager and Office Assistant on Direct Recruitment Basis Advt. No.R/01/2023(01)
List of Selected Candidates for the Post of Laboratory Assistant & Project Scientist at NCB-B on Contract Basis
Cancellation of Advt No: 2016(01)(R)
* 17th NCB Intl. Conf. - Technical Sessions - YouTube Channel (NCCBM Conference)
List of Selected Candidates for written Test & Personal Discussion for the Post of Office Management Executive, PT Assistant, CRM/BND-Technical Assistant, Laboratory Assistant and Project Scientist at NCB-B on Contract Basis
- Consultancy services for getting NABL Accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017
NCB – CCE EVENTS / Forthcoming Training ProgrammesRead More
Ongoing Proficiency Testing Schemes
ONLINE Payment Facility
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
The Environment Management (ENV) programme of Centre for Mining, Environment, Plant Engineering & Operation (CME) caters the needs of Cement, Construction and Building Materials industry in the area of environment encompassing Air, Water, Land and Noise. NCB has its own well established environment monitoring laboratory.
NCB is fully equipped with state of the art equipment along with environmental field equipment laboratory facilities for monitoring of gaseous pollutants like SO2, NOX, BTX and particulate matter emissions both at source and in ambient air. Equipments for monitoring of Ground vibration and Noise level are also available. For monitoring of air quality at work zone, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) monitors for Formaldehyde, TVOC, SO2, NOX, RSPM, CO, CO2 etc are also available. Two LCA softwares, viz., SimaPro 7.2 and GaBi 4.4 are also available, to evaluate the magnitude and significance of the potential environment impacts of any product or process.
The ENV programme has been rendering services in areas like:
- Environment Monitoring (Point Source & Ambient Air)
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) studies
- Carbon & Water Footprint Assessment
- Pollution Load Assessment
- Performance Evaluation of Air Pollution Control Equipment (APCE)
- Environment Audit
- Noise & Ground Vibration studies
- Water & Waste water Analysis
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- EIA and EMP studies
HIGHLIGHTS OF ENV ACTIVITIES
No. of Completed Environment Projects
|Preparation of Comprehensive Industry Document Series & Development of emission standards||
|EIA/EMP Studies For Mines And Plants||
|Pollution Load Studies For Plants And Mines||
|LCA Study For Cement Plants||
|Carbon Accounting And Climate Change||
|Noise And Ground Vibration Studies||
|Utilization Of Waste Derived Fuels||
|National Award For Environmental Excellence for Mines and Plants||
- Environment Impact Assessment (EIA)/Environment Management Plan (EMP) – NCB completed around 35 EIA/EMP studies on major cement plants and mines
- Comprehensive Industry Document (COINDS) – Under the aegis of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), NCB prepared COINDS for cement plants & plywood industry and developed environmental norms for cement plants, mini cement plants and refractory industry. Assessment of Air Emissions from Cement Plants using Petcoke as a fuel were carried out
- NCB carried out Environmental Audit for Cement plants through auditing of their activities with respect to environment, suggestions and recommendations are given for achieving environmental excellence
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) studies – LCA study for cement sector was taken up for the first time in the country by NCB under the aegis of Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF). LCA studies were carried out for cement plants using Alternate fuels, four commercial buildings, two RMC plants, SRRM units and concrete road situated in different geographical locations
- R&D studies – NCB completed a project on “Studies to reduce CO2 Emissions from Cement Plants through absorption of CO2 by Algal Farms”. In order to improve the performance of Air Pollution Control Equipments (APCE’s) like ESP and Bag house, NCB carried out “Pollution Load Assessment Study by Performance Evaluation of Air Pollution Control Equipment (APCE) for cement plants”. NCB completed a study on “Application of Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) software for improvement of performance of APCE”.
- Environment awareness in Indian Cement Industry – NCB has instituted National Awards for Environmental Excellence separately for plant and lime stone mines, since 2000. NCB has given 32 nos National Award for Environment Excellence (NAEE) to various Cement plants and their captive mines.
Select list of Sponsored projects carried out by ENV programme are as given below:
- Monitoring of environmental parameters at M/s JK White Cement Works, Gotan
- Monitoring of environmental parameters at M/s JK Cement Works, Gotan
- Development of Comprehensive Industry Document (COINDS) for Cement Plants – Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)
- Development of Comprehensive Industry Document (COINDS) for Plywood Industry – CPCB.
- Life Cycle Assessment of Cement Plants based on Alternate Fuel – CPCB
- Assessment of Air Pollution from Cement Plants using Petcoke as Fuel – CPCB
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study for Construction Sector – Concrete (gate to grave) – Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Life Cycle Assessment of Steel Re rolling mills (SRRM) sector for SAIL
- Study on Ground Water Level & its Quality and Ambient Air Quality Monitoring at Ran Bauxite Mine – M/s Saurashtra Cement Ltd, Porbandar District, Gujarat
- Study on Effect of Mining on Salinity Intrusion, Ground Water Level/Quality and Land Use Pattern of Adityana Limestone and Clay Mine – M/s Saurashtra Cement Ltd, Porbandar District, Gujarat
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study for cement sector – Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Utilization of Hazardous combustible wastes in cement manufacture – Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Development of Comprehensive Industry Document (COINDS) for Mini Cement Plants for CPCB.
- Sustainable Development Plan for Environmental Protection of Kachchh District, Gujarat – Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Development Studies in the Area of Hazardous Waste Management – Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Study of Vulnerability Parameters of Kachchh Distt. – United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change, Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Assessment of Plant Level Emission and Strategies for Reducing Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Cement Industry – United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change, Ministry of Environment & Forests, New Delhi
- Estimation of Safe Charges for Aggregate Quarry Blasting and Effects of Blasting on Existing Units I & II and proposed Mines of Kaiga Atomic Power Project – Nuclear Power Corporation Ltd., Mumbai
- Environmental Standards for Refractory Industries including Pollution Control/Prevention Technologies – CPCB.
- Comparative Evaluation of Treatment Technologies for Cement Industries -CPCB
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Dust Control Equipment in Cement Industry – CPCB
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Study for cement plant – J K cement Ltd. Nimbahera, Rajasthan
- Local Environmental Management Plan for Khaniara Slate Mines at Village Khaniara, Dharamshala, Distt. Mandi, HP – Ministry of Industry, HP
- Impact of Dereservation of Forest Land on Wild Life and Environment at Village Keran, Sundar Nagar, HP – M/s Harish Chandra India Ltd.
- Rapid /Comprehensive EIA/EMP for i. Proposed project of cement line – 2 of capacity 8000 TPD, ii. Enhancement of existing Rawan limestone mine, iii. Installation of 1x15MW and 1×33 MW captive power plant – M/s Ambuja cements Ltd., Unit: Bhatapara, Chattisgarh
- EIA / EMP Studies for modernization / upgradation of existing production lines and new Clinkerisation unit – M/s Ambuja cement Ltd. Kodinar, Gujarat
- Tiwary N K, Mishra A K, Selvarajan M, Bohra A, Nath K R P, “Environmental Regulations in the Indian Cement Industry”, World Cement, Oct 2013
- Mishra A K, Chaturvedi S K, Pahuja A, et. al., “GHG Reduction Potentials in the Indian Cement Industry – A Way Forward”, 13th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XVI, Nov 2013
- Nath K R P, Bohra A, Selvarajan M, Tiwary N K, Mishra A K, “Mercury Emission Scenario – World and Indian Cement Industry”, 13th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XVI, Nov 2013
- Nath K R P, Bohra A, Selvarajan M, Tiwary N K, Pahuja A, Mishra A K et.al, “Indian Cement Industry Strives towards Environmental Excellence”, 13th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XVI, Nov 2013
- Tiwary N K & Pahuja A, “Methods of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Sequestration” Special Publication on 19-22 Nov. 2013, New Delhi
- Saxena A, Tiwary N K, Bareja S K & Selvarajan M, NCB-CMA, “Energy Efficiency, Environmental Excellence and Quality Excellence Achievements in Indian Cement Industry”, Special Publication on 19-22 Nov. 2013, New Delhi, pp. 173.
- Pati S N, and Imran M, NCB – CMA “Polycentric Climatic Governance Needs to Mitigate Green House Gases (GHG) Through CDM Projects in Cement Sector in India”, Special Publication on 15-18 November 2011
- Pati, S N, Imran M, Pahuja A, Nath, K R P, Manjre S D and Deodhar, M A, “Development of Algal Photobiometer for CO2 Sequestration”, 12th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XII pp. 408, Nov 2011
- Pati, S N, Selvarajan M, Imran M and Nath, K R P, “Impact of Mining on Salinity Intrusion – A Case study”, 12th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XII pp. 416, Nov 2011.
- Pati, S N, Pahuja A, Bohra, A and Salahuddin, M “Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Study of Buildings” 12th International Seminar, NCB Delhi, Proceedings of Technical session XII pp. 427, Nov 2011.
- Pati, S N., & Imran M, NCB-CMA, “Polycentric Climatic Governance Needs to Mitigate GHG though CDM projects in cement sector in India”, Special Publication on 15-18 Nov. 2011, New Delhi, pp. 133-150.
- Pati, S N, Pradeep K, Saxena A, & Breja S K, NCB-CMA, “Energy Efficiency, Environmental Excellence and Quality Excellence Achievements in Indian Cement Industry”, Special Publication on 15-18 Nov. 2011, New Delhi, pp. 160-175.